Thursday, June 27, 2013

Australian Radio Plugins for XBMC

My wife was using the ABC website to listen to Triple J on our HTPC. I did a little research and realised writing a plugin to do this within XBMC was pretty straight forward. While I was at it I wrote one to listen to RRR too.

EDIT: I've just created and uploaded a plugin for Double J. Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions.

Double J Plugin - Download here
Triple J Plugin - Download here
RRR Plugin - Download here


As Zan has written in the comments section,  to add these plugins to the home screen (as displayed below) perform the following:

System -> Settings
Appearance -> Skin Settings
Add-on Shortcuts
Home Page Music Submenu
Addon 1 Triple J
Addon 2 Three Triple R


It looks like this:



13 comments:

  1. Ummm dude, I want to have your babies!

    By the way, you forgot to mention that to add it to the Music front page to display like it does in the screenshot, you have to go to

    System -> Settings
    Appearance -> Skin Settings
    Add-on Shortcuts
    Home Page Music Submenu
    Addon 1 Triple J
    Addon 2 Three Triple R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zan,

      Thanks for the tip. And no, you can't have my babies.

      Cheers,
      Eathernet

      Delete
  2. Awesome, thanks for your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you reckon you could build one for Double j?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely +1 for double j version. I tried using the url from the python script, changing "triple" to "double", but not found, sadly.

      Delete
    2. I'm unable to test this, but it should work - http://files.eathernet.com.au/plugin.audio.doublej.zip

      Delete
  4. Tried the Double J, but was very stuttering. Triple J worked a treat though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey eathernet, Thank you for the addons. But when trying to install i keep getting the missing dependencies anyhelp?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      What version of XBMC and OS?

      Cheers,
      Eathernet

      Delete
    2. found this somewhere else, if you unzip the zipfile, edit the addon.xml file in to change where is says python 1.0 to 2.1.0 using notepad++, and rezip all the files it should work. Just did it then myself and said its ok . I'm assuming you've got Gotham. I've just done this to a stack of my addons.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the info! When I get some time I'll offer up a "Gotham compatible" version.

      Cheers,
      Eathernet

      Delete
    4. I am using XBMC 13.2 Beta 1 on an Android 4.4 Media Player. Following on with the suggestion above, I simply removed the entire "" structure, and the plugin worked.

      Thank you Eathernet.

      Delete
    5. The above should read: removed the entire "requires" structure.

      Delete